Terms and Conditions
World Animal Protection Christmas Raffle Prize Draw Rules
- This Raffle is only open to residents of Great Britain and those residing in Northern Ireland over the age of 18 (this excludes Isle of Man, Channel Islands and BFPO addresses according to Gambling Act 2005 regulations) except agencies and other companies having any connection with the production of the raffle and any relatives of such persons. Employees of World Animal Protection and their relatives are not eligible to enter and tickets bought in their name will be treated as donations.
- No tickets can be sold to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 years.
- The cost of each entry is £1. Players may purchase more than one entry, and payment must be in advance. The maximum number of tickets one individual can purchase is 50.
- CAF payments are not valid and will be treated as donations.
- Tickets cannot be sold person to person in Northern Ireland.
- If a ticket is sold unknowingly to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 they will be exempt from the raffle and will forfeit their prize and the stake will be returned.
- All proceeds from this raffle will be used for the charitable purposes of World Animal Protection.
- The prizes for the Raffle are the choice between a trip for 2 to Finland to see the Northern Lights or £3000, £1000, 2x £750, 3x £250, 15x £50. Winners of the vouchers have 12 months to redeem them from date of issue.
- Prizes are by BACs transfer wherever possible. Winners will be notified by telephone in the first instance before a letter is sent to their address.
- The draw will be conducted by utilising a Random Number Generator that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third party test house in combination with a blind draw in plain sight of staff. The results of the draw are final.
- Based upon previous entries the average the chance of winning a prize for a single ticket is approximately 1 in 2742.
- From the £60000 income projected through tickets sold in the raffle, 49% will be spent on expenses including set up costs, 12% on prizes and 39% to come back to World Animal Protection to fund our important work.
- Entries must be received by 5th February 2024.
- Late entries will be treated as donations.
- The draw will be held on 14th February 2024.
- The winner will be notified by post, email or telephone no later than two weeks after the draw date. Please keep your ticket number as proof of purchase.
- The winner may be published on the website within two weeks of the draw date. This will only be in summary, for example Mrs Smith from Berkshire.
- The winner may be asked to take part in World Animal Protection PR and promotional activity.
- If a prize is unclaimed after 2 months and reasonable efforts have been made by World Animal Protection to contact the winner, then World Animal Protection will be entitled to dispose of the prize as it thinks fit. The winner has one month after notification to claim the prize and 12 months thereafter from the claim date to redeem it.
- The World Animal Protection policies for raffles can be found here. This includes our policy on responsible gambling, underage gambling, protection of customer funds and our complaints procedure.
- To enter the online raffle an entrant must self-certify that they are the required age to play. A confirmation email will be sent to the entrant confirming their numbers in the draw and thanking them for their participation. Random age verification checks are carried out at regular intervals. If an entrant is found to be under the required age their payment will be returned and they will not be entered into the draw.
- Entries must not be bought on behalf of somebody else.
- In order to promote responsible gambling, it is recommended that no more than 50 tickets are to be purchased per person for the Raffle.
- Material changes to this raffle are not predicted to happen, but in the event that this occurs you will be notified by email 14 days in advance of any changes.
World Animal Protection, a Company Limited by Guarantee in England and Wales, Registration No. 4029540. Registered Charity 1081849.
World Animal Protection is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 4984 Responsible persons: Adam Stricker-Morecroft.
For more information about World Animal Protection please go to https://www.worldanimalprotection.org.uk/
Requests to be removed from future raffle mailings should be addressed to email@example.com
If you would like more information about raffles and lotteries please go to www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk
If you or a family member feel that you are experiencing problems with gambling, you can seek advice and support from GambleAware on 0808 8020 133 or via their website begambleaware.org.