Who we are
The British Aerobatic Association Limited ("British Aerobatics") is recognised by The Royal Aero Club of the United Kingdom and by each of the four national Sports Councils as being the National Governing Body of sport aerobatic flying in the UK.
British Aerobatics is a company limited by guarantee and having no share capital. All directors and key contacts are unremunerated volunteers.
British Aerobatics was founded in 1974 to represent the interests of all those concerned with aerobatic flying in both power and glider aircraft by promoting and organising all aspects of competition aerobatics in the UK, including progressive training and the proper conduct and furtherance of the sport.
British Aerobatics strives to:
- promote and encourage aerobatic flying as a way of developing and improving piloting skills
- provide assistance and guidance in sourcing aerobatic training
- represent the interests of those involved in competitive aerobatic flying through:
organising domestic competitions and national championships
facilitating aerobatic coaching and training activities
attending and supporting international championships
- encourage communication between aerobatic pilots and the wider flying community
- provide comprehensive information and direction on all aerobatic subjects