Terms and Conditions
Contact Christmas Raffle 2023 Rules
- This Raffle is only open to residents of Great Britian and those residing in Northern Ireland over the age of 18 (this excludes Isle of Man, Channel Islands and BFPO addresses according to Gambling Act 2005 regulations)
- No tickets can be sold to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 years
- The cost of each entry is £1. Players may purchase more than one entry, and payment must be in advance
- If a ticket is sold unknowingly to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 they will be exempt from the raffle and will forfeit their prize and the stake will be returned
- All proceeds from this raffle will be used for the charitable purposes of Contact
- The prizes for the Raffle are 1st Prize £500 Fledgling voucher, 2nd Prize £100 Fledgling voucher, 3rd Prize £25 Fledgling voucher. There are no alternatives to any prize. Some of the products supplied by Fledglings are made to order and if ordered by a voucher winner would not be delivered in time for Christmas 2023.
- The draw will be conducted by utilising a Random Number Generator that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third party test house. The results of the draw are final
- We project that upon the number of entries in our first Contact Christmas Raffle, the chance of winning a prize for a single ticket will be 1 in 1267
- From the £3,800 income projected through tickets sold in the raffle, 39.5% will be spent on expenses including set up costs, 16.5% on prizes and 44% to come back to Contact to fund our important work.
- Entries must be received by 3 December 2023
- Late entries will be treated as donations
- The draw will be held on 8 December 2023
- Winners will be notified by post, email or telephone no later than two weeks after the draw date. Please keep your ticket number as proof of purchase
- A list of winners will also be published on the website within two weeks of the draw date. These will only be in summary, for example Mrs Smith from Berkshire
- Winners may be asked to take part in Contact PR and promotional activity
- If a prize is unclaimed after reasonable efforts have been made by Contact to contact the winner, then Contact will be entitled to dispose of the prize as it thinks fit. The winner has one month after notification to claim the prize
- The Contact policies for raffles can be found here. This includes our policy on responsible gambling, underage gambling, protection of customer funds and our complaints procedure
- Due to legal reasons, all tickets sent to supporters in Northern Ireland must be purchased by the named individual and are not allowed to be sold on to family and friends or other individuals
- Some of the products supplied by Fledglings are made to order and if ordered by a voucher winner would not be delivered in time for Christmas 2023.
- To enter the online raffle an entrant must self-certify that they are the required age to play. A confirmation email will be sent to the entrant confirming their numbers in the draw and thanking them for their participation. Random age verification checks are carried out at regular intervals. If an entrant is found to be under the required age their payment will be returned and they will not be entered into the draw
- Entries must not be bought on behalf of somebody else
- In order to promote responsible gambling, it is recommended that no more than 50 chances are to be purchased per person for the Raffle
- Material changes to this raffle are not predicted to happen, but in the event that this occurs you will be notified by email 14 days in advance of any changes
Fledglings is part of Contact a Family (known as Contact). Contact a Family is registered with Hackney Council under registration number SSL/2023/005. Responsible persons Mark Davies & Suzy Russell.
For more information about the Charity, our raffles and other ways to donate please visit contact.org.uk
Requests to be removed from future raffle mailings should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like more information about raffles and lotteries please go to www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk
If you or a family member feel that you are experiencing problems with gambling, you can seek advice and support from GambleAware on 0808 8020 133 or via their website begambleware.org