Terms and Conditions
Forest Holme Hospice Charity Raffle 2020 Rules
- This Raffle is only open to residents of Great Britain over the age of 16 (this excludes Northern Ireland/ Isle of Man, Channel Islands and BFPO addresses according to Gambling Act 2005 regulations).
- No tickets can be sold to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 16 years.
- The cost of each entry is £2. Players may purchase more than one entry, and payment must be in advance
- If a ticket is sold unknowingly to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 16 he/she will be exempt from the raffle and will forfeit his/her prize and the stake will be returned.
- All proceeds from this raffle will be used for the charitable purposes of Forest Holme Hospice Charity.
- The prizes for the Raffle are £500, £250, £50 x 5. There are no alternatives to any prize. The prize fund has been kindly donated by Wessex Marine
- The draw will be conducted by utilising a Random Number Generator that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third party test house in combination with a blind draw in plain sight of staff. The results of the draw are final.
- Based upon the number of entries in our raffles during 2019 the average the chance of winning a prize for a single ticket is approximately 1 in 398.
- Of the £5,572 received in ticket sales in the Forest Holme Hospice Charity Raffle, just £473.46 went on expenses, £300 on prizes and a fantastic £4,798.54 came back to Charity to fund our work.
- Entries must be received by 9 December 2020.
- Late entries will be treated as donations.
- The draw will be held on 11 December 2020.
- Winners will be notified by post, email or telephone no later than two weeks after the draw date. Please keep your ticket number as proof of purchase
- A list of winners will also be published on the Raffleplayer website within two weeks of the draw date. These will only be in summary, for example Mrs Smith from Berkshire
- Winners may be asked to take part in Charity PR and promotional activity.
- If a prize is unclaimed after reasonable efforts have been made by Forest Holme Hospice Charity to contact the winner, then it will be entitled to dispose of the prize as it thinks fit. The winner has one month after notification to claim the prize.
- The Charity policies for raffles can be found here. This includes our policy on responsible gambling, underage gambling, protection of customer funds and our complaints procedure
- To enter the online raffle an entrant must self-certify that they are the required age to play. A confirmation email will be sent to the entrant confirming their numbers in the draw and thanking them for their participation. Random age verification checks are carried out at regular intervals. If an entrant is found to be under the required age their payment will be returned and they will not be entered into the draw.
- Entries must not be bought on behalf of somebody else.
- In order to promote responsible gambling, it is recommended that no more than 60 chances are to be purchased per person for the Raffle
- Material changes to this raffle are not predicted to happen, but in the event that this occurs you will be notified by email 14 days in advance of any changes.
Forest Holme Hospice Charity is registered under the Gambling Act 2005 with BCP Council, Licence No:L04/235. Responsible Person: Anne Currie, Forest Holme Hospice Charity, 5 Seldown Road, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1TS.
For more information about the Forest Holme Hospice Charity, our raffles and other ways to donate please visit forestholmehospice.org.uk
Requests for additional raffle tickets up to a maximum of 30 tickets per person or requests to be removed from future raffle mailings should be addressed to email@example.com.
If you would like more information about raffles and lotteries please go to www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
If you or a family member feel that you are experiencing problems with gambling, you can seek advice and support from GambleAware on 0808 8020 133 or via their website begambleware.org.