Terms and Conditions
Fight for Sight Christmas Raffle Rules
- This Raffle is only open to residents of Great Britain and those residing in Northern Ireland over the age of 18 (this excludes Isle of Man, Channel Islands and BFPO addresses according to Gambling Act 2005 regulations).
- No tickets can be sold to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 years.
- The cost of each entry is £1. Players may purchase more than one entry, and payment must be in advance.
- If a ticket is sold unknowingly to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 they will be exempt from the raffle and will forfeit their prize and the stake will be returned.
- All proceeds from this raffle will be used for the charitable purposes of Fight for Sight.
- The prizes for the Raffle are 1st Prize £1,000, 2nd Prize £100, 3rd Prize £50, 15 x Runners-up £10. There are no alternatives to any prize.
- The draw will be conducted by utilising a Random Number Generator that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third party test house in combination with a blind draw in plain sight of staff. The results of the draw are final.
- Based upon our estimates for our first online raffle we predit the average chance of winning a prize for a single ticket is approximately 1 in 555.
- Based upon our estimates of the number of entries and costs in our new online raffle, we estimate that of the ticket sales recieved, just 13% will be spent on expenses, 34% on prizes and 53% will come back to us to fund our work.
- Entries must be received by 18th December 2022.
- Late entries will be treated as donations.
- The draw will be held on 20th December 2022.
- Winners will be notified by post, email or telephone no later than two weeks after the draw date. Please keep your ticket number as proof of purchase.
- A list of winners will also be published on the website within two weeks of the draw date. These will only be in summary, for example Mrs Smith from Berkshire.
- Winners may be asked to take part in Fight for Sight PR and promotional activity.
- If a prize is unclaimed after reasonable efforts have been made by Fight for Sight to contact the winner, then Fight for Sight will be entitled to dispose of the prize as it thinks fit. The winner has one month after notification to claim the prize.
- The Fight for Sight policies for raffles can be found here. This includes our policy on responsible gambling, underage gambling, protection of customer funds and our complaints procedure.
- To enter the online raffle an entrant must self-certify that they are the required age to play. A confirmation email will be sent to the entrant confirming their numbers in the draw and thanking them for their participation. Random age verification checks are carried out at regular intervals. If an entrant is found to be under the required age their payment will be returned and they will not be entered into the draw.
- Entries must not be bought on behalf of somebody else.
- In order to promote responsible gambling, it is recommended that no more than 60 chances are to be purchased per person for the Raffle.
- Material changes to this raffle are not predicted to happen, but in the event that this occurs you will be notified by email 14 days in advance of any changes.
Fight for Sight is licenced and registered in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 23886. Responsible person: Ikram Dahman, Fight for Sight, 18 Mansell Street, London, E1 8AA.
For more information about the Charity, our raffles and other ways to donate please visit www.fightforsight.org.uk.
Requests for additional raffle tickets up to a maximum of 60 tickets per person or requests to be removed from future raffle mailings should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like more information about raffles and lotteries please go to www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
If you or a family member feel that you are experiencing problems with gambling, you can seek advice and support from GambleAware on 0808 8020 133 or via their website begambleware.org.