Terms and Conditions
Kidney Research UK Christmas Raffle 2020 Rules
- This Raffle is only open to residents of Great Britain over the age of 18. Unfortunately at this point we are unable to accept online entries for our raffle from Northern Ireland, we are reviewing this on an ongoing basis. We apologise for the inconvenience - supporters from Northern Ireland can still enter by post. According to Gambling Act 2005 regulations supporters from Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Republic of Ireland and BFPO addresses cannot enter our raffle.
- No tickets can be sold to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 years.
- The cost of each entry is £1. Players may purchase more than one entry, and payment must be in advance
- If a ticket is sold unknowingly to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 he/she will be exempt from the raffle and will forfeit his/her prize and the stake will be returned.
- All proceeds from this raffle will be used for the charitable purposes of Kidney Research UK.
- The prizes for the raffle are 1 x £6,000, 2 x £1,000, 3 x £250, 10 x £100 and we also hold a bonus Super Seller draw with a prize of £100. There are no alternatives to any prize.
- We operate a combined online/offline draw ensuring that each entrant has an equal chance of winning each prize. The draw will be conducted by utilising a Random Number Generator that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third party test house in combination with a blind draw in plain sight of staff. The results of the draw are final.
- Based on the average number of tickets sold in our raffles over the last two years, each ticket bought has a 1 in 3770 chance of winning a prize. The likelihood of a supporter winning a prize will differ depending on the amount of tickets sold for the draw and how many tickets bought by the individual.
- Of the £64,643 received in tickets sales for the Kidney Research UK summer raffle 2020, just £16,049 was spent on expenses, £9,850 on prizes and £41,744 came back to the Charity to fund our work. We have stringent procedures in place when in comes to selecting which research we fund; this helps us to know that the research we are funding has the best possible chance of improving the lives of kidney patients.
- Entries must be received by 27th November 2020.
- Late entries will be treated as donations.
- The draw will be held on 4 December 2020.
- Winners will be notified by post, email or telephone no later than two weeks after the draw date. Please keep your ticket number as proof of purchase
- A list of winners will also be published on our website within two weeks of the draw date. These will only be in summary, for example ticket number 123456 from Berkshire
- Winners may be asked to take part in Charity PR and promotional activity.
- If a prize is unclaimed after reasonable efforts have been made by Kidney Research UK to contact the winner, then Kidney Research UK will be entitled to dispose of the prize as it thinks fit. The winner has one month after notification to claim the prize.
- The Charity policies for raffles can be found here. This includes our policy on responsible gambling, underage gambling, protection of customer funds and our complaints procedure
- To enter the online raffle an entrant must self-certify that they are the required age to play. A confirmation email will be sent to the entrant confirming their numbers in the draw and thanking them for their participation. Random age verification checks are carried out at regular intervals. If an entrant is found to be under the required age their payment will be returned and they will not be entered into the draw.
- Entries must not be bought on behalf of somebody else.
- In order to promote responsible gambling, it is recommended that no more than 60 chances are to be purchased per person for the Christmas Raffle.
- Material changes to this raffle are not predicted to happen, but in the event that this occurs you will be notified by email 14 days in advance of any changes.
Kidney Research UK is licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005, reference number 4856. Responsible person: Marc Stowell, Kidney Research UK, Nene Hall, Lynch Wood, Peterborough, PE2 6FZ.
For more information about the Kidney Research UK, our raffles and other ways to donate please visit kidneyresearchuk.org or contact our dedicated supporter services team by calling 0300 303 1100.
Requests for additional raffle tickets up to a maximum of 60 tickets per person or requests to be removed from future raffle mailings should be addressed to email@example.com.
If you would like more information about raffles and lotteries please go to www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
If you or a family member feel that you are experiencing problems with gambling, you can seek advice and support from GambleAware on 0808 8020 133 or via their website begambleware.org.