Terms and Conditions
Kidney Research UK Christmas Raffle 2023 Rules
- This Raffle is only open to residents of Great Britain over the age of 18 (this excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and BFPO addresses according to Gambling Act 2005 regulations)
- No tickets can be sold to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 years
- The cost of each entry is £1. Players may purchase more than one entry, and payment must be in advance
- If a ticket is sold unknowingly to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 they will be exempt from the raffle and will forfeit their prize and the stake will be returned
- All proceeds from this raffle will be used for the charitable purposes of Kidney Research UK
- The prizes for the Raffle are 1st Prize £6,000, 2nd Prize x 2 £1000, 3rd Prize x 3 £250, 4th Prize x 15 £50 retail voucher, Runners up x 10 £25 retail voucher. There are no alternatives to any prize
- We operate a combined online/offline draw ensuring that each entrant has an equal chance of winning each prize. The draw will be conducted by utilising a Random Number Generator in combination with a blind draw in plain sight of staff. The results of the draw are final.
- Based upon the number of entries in our Summer Raffles 2023 the average the chance of winning a prize for a single ticket is approximately 1 in 2,438.
- Of the £41,442 received in ticket sales in the Summer Raffle 2023, just 34.04% went on expenses, 23.52% on prizes and a fantastic 42.44% came back to Charity to fund our work
- Entries must be received by 8 December 2023
- Late entries will be treated as donations
- The draw will be held on 15 December 2023
- Winners will be notified by post, email or telephone no later than two weeks after the draw date. Please keep your ticket number as proof of purchase
- A list of winners will also be published on the website within two weeks of the draw date. These will only be in summary, for example Mrs Smith from Berkshire
- Winners may be asked to take part in Kidney Research UK PR and promotional activity
- If a prize is unclaimed after reasonable efforts have been made by Kidney Research UK to contact the winner, then Kidney Research UK will be entitled to dispose of the prize as it thinks fit. The winner has one month after notification to claim the prize
- The Kidney Research UK policies for raffles can be found here. This includes our policy on responsible gambling, underage gambling, protection of customer funds and our complaints procedure
- To enter the online raffle an entrant must self-certify that they are the required age to play. A confirmation email will be sent to the entrant confirming their numbers in the draw and thanking them for their participation. Random age verification checks are carried out at regular intervals. If an entrant is found to be under the required age their payment will be returned and they will not be entered into the draw
- Entries must not be bought on behalf of somebody else
- In order to promote responsible gambling, it is recommended that no more than 60 chances are to be purchased per person for the Raffle
- Material changes to this raffle are not predicted to happen, but in the event that this occurs you will be notified by email 14 days in advance of any changes
Kidney Research UK is licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005, reference number 4856. Responsible person: Lucy Sreeves, Kidney Research UK, Stuart House, City Road, Peterborough, PE1 1QF.
For more information about the Kidney Research UK, our raffles and other ways to donate please visit kidneyresearchuk.org or contact our dedicated supporter services team by calling 0300 303 1100.
Requests for additional raffle tickets up to a maximum of 60 tickets per person or requests to be removed from future raffle mailings should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like more information about raffles and lotteries please go to www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
If you or a family member feel that you are experiencing problems with gambling, you can seek advice and support from GambleAware on 0808 8020 133 or via their website begambleware.org.