Terms and Conditions
NABS Stranger than Summer: Autumn Edition - Raffle 2021
The NABS Stranger than Summer: Autumn Edition - Raffle 2021 is licenced by Westminster Council, ref 15/02046/LILN.
- Participation in this raffle costs £5 per raffle ticket.
- No tickets can be sold to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 years.
- If a ticket is sold unknowingly to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 they will be exempt from the raffle and will forfeit their prize and the stake will be returned.
- The NABS Raffle is open to all residents of Great Britain (this excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and BFPO addresses according to Gambling Act 2005 regulations) over the age of 18, except employees of NABS who are directly involved with the raffle.
- Monies raised by this raffle will support the general work of NABS, registered charity number 1070556.
- Raffle tickets will be entered into the draw only when the whole payment is received. Only tickets for which full payment has been received will be eligible to win a prize
- Payment for raffle tickets can not be accepted by credit card.
- When playing online we can only accept a maximum payment of £100 for raffle tickets
- NABS accepts no responsibility for raffle tickets which are lost, damaged, illegible or for any technical failure or event which may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted.
- The result of the raffle draw is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Please keep your allocated numbers as proof of purchase into the raffle.
- Where NABS is unable to contact the prize-winner so that the prize remains unclaimed for one month following NABS’ first attempt to notify the prize-winner, NABS may apply the prize as it sees fit, including re-offering the prize in future raffles or selecting another winner through an independent adjudicator.
- The winner is required to co-operate with NABS’ right to publish their win as and where deemed appropriate, and to provide proof of age when requested.
- In the event of an error, howsoever caused, whether a printing error or otherwise and whether obvious or otherwise, which affects the competition in any way, the organisers reserve the right to administer the raffle as though the error had not occurred. Where the organisers deem it appropriate and/or feasible NABS will notify entrants of the error.
- The Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternative will be available
- Based upon the number of entries in our raffle during 2020 the average chance of winning a prize for a single ticket is approximately 1 in 1574.
- In 2020, due to the covid pandemic NABS experienced a significant decrease in its fundraising income across all activity. NAB's raffle ticket sales were lower then expected at £6990 in online ticket sales and £562 in physical tickets sales, so a total of £7552, while the costs of running the raffle remain fixed. In 2020, therefore, 45.8% went on expenses, 0% on prizes and 54.2% came back to NABS to fund our work. This year we are striving to achieve £16,000 in raffle tickets sales which would see expenses drop to just 20% if reached.
- All prizes are donated by our industry partners.
- The first prize for our 2021 draw will be a Fiat 500 pop kindly donated by Astus UK. Runner up prizes are as follow: 2nd prize 65 inch LG TV kindly donated by Thinkbox, 3rd prize One year's supply of cinema tickets, once a month for two people, kindly donated by Pearl & Dean
- In order to claim the car prize the winner must produce a valid motor insurance certificate and driving license in the name of or naming the winner and any other documentation required by NABS. A car prize winner without a full driving licence authorising them to drive the car in the UK may, at NABS’ absolute discretion, nominate another person to collect or receive the car who must produce all documentation required by NABS’, including a valid insurance certificate.
- The NABS Raffle Draw will be conducted on Thursday 21st October 2021. The draw will be conducted by utilising a Random Number Generator that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third party test house. The results of the draw are final.
- The winners will be notified by phone or email no later than Friday 22nd October 2021.
- NABS reserves the right to reject your entry and/or award the prize to an alternative winner if we have grounds to believe that you have breached any of these Terms and Conditions, acted fraudulently or illegally, or on other reasonable grounds and we shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage arising from NABS exercising such rights.
- To enter the online raffle an entrant must self-certify that they are the required age to play. A confirmation email will be sent to the entrant confirming their numbers in the draw and thanking them for their participation. Random age verification checks are carried out at regular intervals. If an entrant is found to be under the required age their payment will be returned and they will not be entered into the draw
- Entries must not be bought on behalf of somebody else
- Material changes to this raffle are not predicted to happen, but in the event that this occurs you will be notified by email 14 days in advance of any changes
- The NABS policies for raffles can be found here. This includes our policy on responsible gambling, underage gambling, protection of customer funds and our complaints procedure
- NABS reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Raffle in whole or in part in the Promoter’s sole discretion.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit NABS’ liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or for any other matter for which liability may not be limited by law.
- NABS may amend these terms and conditions at any time.
- NABS’ decision in all matters relating to the Raffle is final.
- NABS is committed to operating the Raffle in a socially responsible way. If you or a family member feel that you are experiencing problems with gambling, you can seek advice and support from GambleAware via their website at begambleaware.co.uk or from the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133.
- If you have any queries or complaints about the Raffle please contact Anna Randles, NABS Head of Events or Marian Arnold-Lawson, NABS Event Manager on 020 7290 7070.
Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in the disqualification of the entry. NABS reserves the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion.
NABS is licenced by Westminster Council, ref 15/02046/LILN. Responsible person: Diana Tickell, NABS, 10 Hills Place, 221-223 Oxford Street, London, W1F 7SD
For more information about the Charity, our raffles and other ways to donate please visit www.nabs.org.uk
Requests for additional raffle tickets up to a maximum of 20 tickets per person or requests to be removed from future raffle mailings should be addressed to email@example.com
If you would like more information about raffles and lotteries please go to www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk