Terms and Conditions
British Red Cross Christmas is for Giving Raffle Rules
- The British Red Christmas is for Giving raffle 2023 is open to all mainland Great Britain residents over the age of 18 (this excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and British Forces Post Office addresses according to Gambling Act 2005 regulations).
- By purchasing tickets you are confirming you are 18 years of age or over. No tickets should be sold to, or on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years.
- If a ticket is sold unknowingly to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 he/she will be exempt from the raffle and will forfeit his/her prize and their entry money will be returned to them.
- Winners may be asked to take part in British Red Cross PR and promotional activity.
- Paid employees of the British Red Cross, Signal or CFP Lottery and Raffles Limited and their families are not eligible to enter the Christmas is for Giving raffle 2023 or Speed Draw.
- This raffle has been printed and produced by Signal and all response handling activities are being externally managed on behalf of the British Red Cross by CFP Lottery and Raffles Limited – licence numbers 000584-N-103710-013 and 000584-R-103711-013.
- The British Red Cross is registered with the Gambling Commission to operate this raffle, licence number 004686-N-304931-009, Remote Operating License number 004686-R-329334-002. These licences are issued under Part 5 of the Gambling Act 2005. The British Red Cross’ qualified person responsible for raffles is Paul Amadi.
- We use the proceeds from our raffles and the weekly lottery to support our work, pay prizes and invest some back into the lottery so that we can raise even more. In 2022, our lottery and raffles raised £592,516 from ticket income alone, with 19% of these proceeds spent on prizes, 33% on growing and running our raffle and lottery and 48% to help people in crisis around the world. In total, that’s over £281,723, plus over £195,798 from donations, making a real difference to people in their hour of need.
Christmas is for Giving 2023 Raffle rules
- All ticket entries must be received by 11.59pm on Friday 1 December 2023.
- Any money for tickets received after 11.59pm on Friday 1 December 2023 will be treated as donations.
- No more than 50 tickets can be purchased per person for the Christmas is for Giving 2023. British Red Cross takes no responsibility for late postal delivery.
- The draw for the Christmas is for Giving raffle 2023 will take place on Friday 8 December 2023. Winners will be notified by post, email or telephone no later than two weeks after the draw date. A list of winners’ names (and their towns) will also be published on the British Red Cross website within two weeks after the draw date. Please keep the ticket number as record of proof of purchase. If you win a prize and would prefer that your name and town wasn’t disclosed publicly, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 18 December 2023. We may still need to provide this information to a regulator if challenged, to demonstrate that a valid lottery has taken place.
- The prizes for the Christmas is for Giving raffle are 1 x first place prize of £5000, 1 x second place prize of £1,500 and 10 x second place prizes of £100.
- All reasonable effort will be made to contact prize winners, but in the event that the British Red Cross cannot contact the winner, the British Red Cross reserves the right to distribute the prize as appropriate. Winners have up to one month following notification of their win to claim their prize.
- We operate a combined online/offline draw ensuring that each entrant has an equal chance of winning each prize. The draw will be conducted by utilising a Random Number Generator that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third party test house in combination with a blind draw in plain sight of staff. The results of the draw are final.
- Your chances of winning are dependent on the number of entries in the draw. Based on the entrants in our New Year raffle 2023, your chances of winning a cash prize are 1 in 10,699
- Age verification for entries to the Christmas is for Giving 2023 purchased online or over the telephone with a debit card will be undertaken as follows:
- Self-certification by the individual ticking the available box to confirm that they are over 18 years of age to validate entry.
- A search undertaken with a third party for the purpose of verifying that a random selection of entrants are aged 18 or over.
- Once age verification is obtained for tickets purchased online, a confirmation email will be sent to the entrant confirming their numbers in the draw and thanking them for their participation.
- If we are unable to verify the age of a player within 72 hours we will refund their money.
- Tickets must not be bought on behalf of somebody else.
Speed Draw Rules
- Entries to the Speed Draw must be received within two weeks of the first postal entry being received.
In order to be entered into the Speed Draw, players must have purchased and returned via post tickets for the Christmas is for Giving raffle and affixed the Speed Draw entry sticker to the donation form. Tickets purchased online for the Christmas is for Giving raffle will not be entered into the Speed Draw.
Entrants to the Speed Draw will be eligible to win a British Red Cross shopper bag or a British Red Cross gift voucher which will be sent to him/her by post within two weeks of the Speed Draw taking place.
The closing date for the Speed Draw is two weeks after the first postal entry is received. Dates are at the discretion of CFP, our fulfilment agency.
The Speed Draw will take place approx. two weeks after the speed draw has closed.
250 winners will be selected by chance.
One prize per person only for the Speed Draw.
The decision of the British Red Cross is final.
For more information about the British Red Cross, our raffles and other ways to donate please visit www.redcross.org.uk or contact our dedicated supporter care team by emailing email@example.com or by calling 0300 456 11 55.
Request additional raffle tickets up to a maximum of 50 tickets per person by calling 01628 511709 or go to redcross.org.uk/christmasraffle
Requests to be removed from future raffle mailings should be addressed to FREEPOST RED CROSS, 44 Moorfields, London, EC2Y 9AL or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like more information about raffles and lotteries please go to www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk
- The British Red Cross Society supports gambling research, prevention and treatment and is a member of the Lotteries Council www.lotteriescouncil.org.uk
- The British Red Cross is a member of the Lotteries Council
- The British Red Cross supports and contributes to research into problem gambling.
- The British Red Cross Responsible Gambling Advice & Social Responsibility Statement are available on the website www.redcross.org.uk/get-involved/donate/games-for-good. This includes information on our policy on responsible gambling, underage gambling, and fair and open draws. If you or a family member feel that you are experiencing problems with gambling, you can seek advice and support from the National Gambling Helpline 0808 8020 133 or via the BeGambleAware website www.begambleaware.org.
Players can request a self-exclusion from our database for future raffle mailings by writing to Freepost RED CROSS, 44 Moorfields, London, EC2Y 9AL, or by calling 0300 456 11 55. Any complaints regarding raffle activity can be made directly to British Red Cross by contacting our dedicated Supporter Care Team on 0300 456 11 55 or by email at email@example.com. A copy of our complaints procedure is available online or on request.