Terms and Conditions
British Red Cross Christmas Raffle 2021 Rules
- This Raffle is only open to residents of Great Britain over the age of 16 (this excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and BFPO addresses according to Gambling Act 2005 regulations)
- No tickets can be sold to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 16 years
- The cost of each entry is £1. Players may purchase more than one entry, and payment must be in advance
- If a ticket is sold unknowingly to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 16 they will be exempt from the raffle and will forfeit their prize and the stake will be returned
- All proceeds from this raffle will be used for the charitable purposes of British Red Cross
- The prizes for the Raffle are 1st Prize £5,000, 2nd Prize £1,500 and 10 x runners -up £100. There are no alternatives to any prize
- We operate a combined online/offline draw ensuring that each entrant has an equal chance of winning each prize. The draw will be conducted by utilising a Random Number Generator that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third party test house in combination with a blind draw in plain sight of staff. The results of the draw are final
- Your chances of winning are dependent on the number of entries in the draw. In 2020 the likelihood of winning a prize was, on average, 1 in 1,326 in our seasonal raffles.
- We use the proceeds from our raffles and the weekly lottery to support our work, pay prizes and invest some back into the lottery so that we can raise even more. In 2020, our lottery and raffles raised £755,000 from ticket income alone, with 16% of these proceeds spent on prizes, 25% on growing and running our lottery and 59% to help people in crisis around the world. That’s a total over £530,000, including over £84,000 from donations, making a real difference to people in their hour of need
- Entries must be received by 3 December 2021
- Late entries will be treated as donations
- The draw will be held on 10 December 2021
- Winners will be notified by post, email or telephone no later than two weeks after the draw date. Please keep your ticket number as proof of purchase
- A list of winners will also be published on the website within two weeks of the draw date. These will only be in summary, for example Mrs Smith from Berkshire
- Winners may be asked to take part in British Red Cross PR and promotional activity
- If a prize is unclaimed after reasonable efforts have been made by British Red Cross to contact the winner, then British Red Cross will be entitled to dispose of the prize as it thinks fit. The winner has one month after notification to claim the prize
- The British Red Cross policies for raffles can be found here. This includes our policy on responsible gambling, underage gambling, protection of customer funds and our complaints procedures
- To enter the online raffle an entrant must self-certify that they are the required age to play. A confirmation email will be sent to the entrant confirming their numbers in the draw and thanking them for their participation. Random age verification checks are carried out at regular intervals. If an entrant is found to be under the required age their payment will be returned and they will not be entered into the draw
- Entries must not be bought on behalf of somebody else
- In order to promote responsible gambling, it is recommended that no more than 50 chances are to be purchased per person for the Raffle
- Material changes to this raffle are not predicted to happen, but in the event that this occurs you will be notified by email 14 days in advance of any changes
The British Red Cross is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 4686. Responsible person: Paul Amadi, Chief Supporter Officer, British Red Cross, UK Office, 44 Moorfields, London EC2Y 9AL.
For more information about the British Red Cross, our raffles and other ways to donate please visit www.redcross.org.uk or contact our dedicated supporter services team by calling 0300 456 11 55.
Requests for additional raffle tickets up to a maximum of 50 tickets per person or requests to be removed from future raffle mailings should be addressed to email@example.com.
If you would like more information about raffles and lotteries please go to www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk
If you or a family member feel that you are experiencing problems with gambling, you can seek advice and support from GambleAware on 0808 8020 133 or via their website begambleware.org