Terms and Conditions
Sightsavers Summer Raffle 2019
- Our summer raffle 2019 is open to mainland Great Britain residents and those residing in Northern Ireland, over the age of 16 (this excludes Isle of Man, Channel Islands and BFPO addresses according to Gambling Act 2005 regulations).
- Online entries may be bought by residents of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (this excludes Isle of Man, Channel Islands and BFPO addresses according to Gambling Act 2005 regulations) who are 18 years old or above.
- No tickets can be sold to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 16 years (18 years for online entries).
- If a ticket is sold unknowingly to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 16 (18 for online entries) he/she will be exempt from the raffle and will forfeit his/her prize and the stake will be returned.
- Individuals having any connection with the production and management of the draw may not take part in the raffle.
- Sightsavers reserves the right to use the name(s) of the winner(s) in an abbreviated form and a photograph in any future mailings or promotional material.
- All proceeds from this raffle will be used for the charitable purposes of Sightsavers.
- All response handling activities are being externally managed on behalf of Sightsavers by CFP Lottery and Raffles Ltd.
- Sightsavers is registered with the Gambling Commission to operate this raffle. This licence is issued under Part 5 of the Gambling Act 2005, reference number 4885.
- By purchasing tickets and thus participating in the draw acceptance of these rules is implied and it will be assumed entrants have read and understood all terms and conditions.
Summer Raffle 2019 Rules
- Postal entries must be recieved by 26 July. Entries online must be received by 31 July 2019.
- Late entries will be transferred to the next raffle.
- In order to promote responsible gambling, it is recommended that no more than 60 chances are to be purchased per person for the Summer Raffle 2019.
- The draw for Summer Raffle 2019 will take place on the 2 August 2019. Winners will be notified by post or telephone no later than 28 days after the draw date. A list of winners will also be published on the Raffleplayer website within 28 days of the draw date. Please keep the ticket number as record of proof of purchase.
- Ticket price £1. The first prize is £5,000 cash. The second prize is £1,000 cash. The third prize is £250 cash. There are 5 runner-up prizes of £100 cash and 10 Fast Entry prizes of £25 M&S vouchers.
- If a prize is unclaimed after reasonable efforts have been made by Sightsavers to contact the winner, then Sightsavers will be entitled to dispose of the prize as it thinks fit. The winner has one month after notification to claim the prize.
- All donations to Sightsavers, as well as payment for raffle tickets, until 15 May 2019 will be matched by the UK government. For more information about Aid Match, please go to sightsavers.org/aid-match-explained
- To enter the online raffle an entrant must self-certify that they are the required age to play. A confirmation email will be sent to the entrant confirming their numbers in the draw and thanking them for their participation. Random age verification checks are carried out at regular intervals. If an entrant is found to be under the required age their payment will be returned and they will not be entered into the draw.
- Entries must not be bought on behalf of somebody else.
- Material changes to this raffle are not predicted to happen, but in the event that this occurs you will be notified by email 14 days in advance of any changes.
- Unsold tickets to be returned to Sightsavers.
- No ticket to be sold to or by any person in a street or anyone under the age of 16.
- Sightsavers will accept no responsibility for lost or damaged entries.
- Due to legal reasons, all tickets sent to supporters in Northern Ireland must be purchased by the named individual and not sold to family or friends.
For more information about Sightsavers, our raffles and other ways to donate please visit www.sightsavers.org or contact our dedicated supporter care team by calling 01444 446 600 or emailing email@example.com.
Requests for additional raffle tickets up to a maximum of 60 tickets per person or requests to be removed from future raffle mailings should be addressed to 01628 823398.
If you would like more information about raffles and lotteries please go to www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
Sightsavers policy for raffles can be found here. This includes our policy on responsible gambling, underage gambling, fair and open draws and our complaints procedure. If you feel that you or a family member might have a gambling problem, you can seek advice and support from GambleAware on 0808 8020 133 or via their website begambleware.org.
If you have a complaint regarding the raffle please call 01628 823398, and if you have a complaint about Sightsavers please call 01444 446600.
Responsible person for our raffles: Becki Jupp, Director of Individual Giving, Sightsavers, Bumpers Way, Bumpers Farm, Chippenham, SN14 6NG.