Terms and Conditions
Countryside Alliance Caerhays Castle Shoot Day Draw Rules
- This Raffle is only open to residents of Great Britain and those residing in Northern Ireland over the age of 18 (this excludes Isle of Man, Channel Islands and BFPO addresses according to Gambling Act 2005 regulations).
- No tickets can be sold to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 years.
- The cost of each entry is £75. Players may purchase more than one entry, and payment must be in advance.
- If a ticket is sold unknowingly to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 they will be exempt from the raffle and will forfeit their prize and the stake will be returned.
- Countryside Alliance directors, employees and their families are excluded from playing the Draw.
- All proceeds from the Draw go to the Countryside Alliance’s Campaign for Shooting.
- The prize for the Draw is a day's partridge shooting for nine guns at Caerhays Castle worth over £12,000
- The day’s shooting will take place in September or October 2022, date to be arranged by mutual agreement.
- We operate a combined online/offline draw ensuring that each entrant has an equal chance of winning each prize. The draw will be conducted by utilising a Random Number Generator that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third party test house in combination with a blind draw in plain sight of staff. The results of the draw are final.
- Based upon the number of entries in our last draw the average chance of winning a prize for a single ticket is approximately 1 in 1,007
- Of the £25,175 received in ticket sales in the draw, just 27% went on expenses, 17% on prizes and a fantastic 59% came back to Countryside Alliance to fund our work.
- Entries must be received by 8 December 2021.
- Late entries will be treated as donations.
- The draw will be held on 13 December 2021.
- Winners will be notified by post, email or telephone no later than two weeks after the draw date. Please keep your ticket number as proof of purchase.
- The winner will be published on countryside-alliance.org within two weeks of the draw date. This will only be in summary, for example Mrs Smith from Berkshire
- Winners may be asked to take part in Countryside Alliance PR and promotional activity.
- If the prize is unclaimed after reasonable efforts have been made by Countryside Alliance to contact the winner, then a reserve winner will be used. A reserve winner will be pulled at the time of the main draw. The winner has three months after notification to claim the prize.
- The Countryside Alliance policies for raffles can be found here. This includes our policy on responsible gambling, underage gambling, protection of customer funds and our complaints procedure
- To enter the online raffle an entrant must self-certify that they are the required age to play. A confirmation email will be sent to the entrant confirming their numbers in the draw and thanking them for their participation. Random age verification checks are carried out at regular intervals. If an entrant is found to be under the required age their payment will be returned and they will not be entered into the draw.
- Entries must not be bought on behalf of somebody else.
- In order to promote responsible gambling, it is recommended that no more than 30 chances are to be purchased per person for the Raffle.
- Material changes to this raffle are not predicted to happen, but in the event that this occurs you will be notified by email 14 days in advance of any changes.
Countryside Alliance is licenced and registered in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 4867. Responsible person: Ben Dowdeswell, Countryside Alliance, 52 Grosvenor Gardens, London, SW1W 0AU.
For more information about our raffles and other ways to donate please visit countryside-alliance.org
Requests for additional raffle tickets up to a maximum of 30 tickets per person or requests to be removed from future raffle mailings should be addressed to email@example.com
If you would like more information about raffles and lotteries please go to www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk
If you or a family member feel that you are experiencing problems with gambling, you can seek advice and support from GambleAware on 0808 8020 133 or via their website begambleware.org