Terms and Conditions
Coeliac UK Spring Raffle 2021 Rules
- This Raffle is only open to residents of the UK over the age of 18 (this excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and BFPO addresses according to Gambling Act 2005 regulations)
- No tickets can be sold to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 years
- The cost of each entry is £1. Players may purchase more than one entry, and payment must be in advance
- If a ticket is sold unknowingly to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 they will be exempt from the raffle and will forfeit their prize and the stake will be returned
- All proceeds from this raffle will be used for the charitable purposes of Coeliac UK
- The prizes for the Charity Raffle are 1st Prize £5,000, 2nd Prize £1,000, 3rd Prize £500, 4 x 4th Prize £50, 30 x Runners-up £10. There are no alternatives to any prize
- We operate a combined online/offline draw ensuring that each entrant has an equal chance of winning each prize. The draw will be conducted by utilising a Random Number Generator that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third party test house in combination with a blind draw in plain sight of staff. The results of the draw are final
- Based on the estimated ticket sales of 110,000 the odds of winning a prize are approximately 1 in 2973.
- Of the ticket sales in the two raffles during 2020, 12.48% went on expenses, 8.95% on prizes and a fantastic 78.57% came back to Coeliac UK to fund our work. All profits from the Raffle go to Coeliac UK
- Entries must be received by 19 May 2021
- Late entries will be treated as donations
- The draw will be held on 21 May 2021
- Winners will be notified by post, email or telephone no later than two weeks after the draw date. Please keep your ticket number as proof of purchase
- A list of winners will also be published on the website within two weeks of the draw date. These will only be in summary, for example Mrs Smith from Berkshire
- Winners may be asked to take part in Coeliac UK PR and promotional activity
- If a prize is unclaimed after reasonable efforts have been made by Coeliac UK to contact the winner, then Coeliac UK will be entitled to dispose of the prize as it thinks fit. The winner has one month after notification to claim the prize
- The Coeliac UK policies for raffles can be found here. This includes our policy on responsible gambling, underage gambling, protection of customer funds and our complaints procedure
- Due to legal reasons, all tickets sent to supporters in Northern Ireland must be purchased by the named individual and are not allowed to be sold on to family and friends or other individuals
- To enter the online raffle an entrant must self-certify that they are the required age to play. A confirmation email will be sent to the entrant confirming their numbers in the draw and thanking them for their participation. Random age verification checks are carried out at regular intervals. If an entrant is found to be under the required age their payment will be returned and they will not be entered into the draw
- Entries must not be bought on behalf of somebody else
- In order to promote responsible gambling, it is recommended that no more than 60 chances are to be purchased per person for the Raffle
- Material changes to this raffle are not predicted to happen, but in the event that this occurs you will be notified by email 14 days in advance of any changes
Coeliac Uk is licensed by Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005. License numbers 004895-N-308601-008 and 004895-R-311997-007. Responsible person: Julia Malthouse, 3rd Floor, Apollo Centre, Desborough Road, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP11 2QW.
For more information about the Coeliac UK, our raffles and other ways to donate please visit www.coeliac.org.uk or contact our dedicated supporter services team by calling 0333 332 2033.
Requests for additional raffle entries up to a maximum of 60 tickets per person or requests to be removed from future raffle mailings should be addressed to 01628 511708.
If you would like more information about raffles and lotteries please go to www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
If you or a family member feel that you are experiencing problems with gambling, you can seek advice and support from GambleAware on 0808 8020 133 or via their website begambleware.org.