Terms and Conditions
WDC Christmas Raffle 2020 Rules
- The Christmas Raffle is only open to residents of Great Britain and those residing in Northern Ireland over the age of 18 (this excludes Isle of Man, Channel Islands and BFPO addresses according to Gambling Act 2005 regulations)
- No tickets can be sold to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 years
- The cost of each entry is £1. Players may purchase more than one entry, and payment must be in advance
- If a ticket is sold unknowingly to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 he/she will be exempt from the raffle and will forfeit his/her prize and the stake will be returned
- All proceeds from this raffle will be used for the charitable purposes of WDC
- The prizes for the WDC Christmas Raffle are 1 x 1st prize £1,000, 2 x 2nd prize £250, 3 x 3rd prize £100, 4 x 4th prize of £50. There are no alternatives to any prize
- We operate a combined online/offline draw ensuring that each entrant has an equal chance of winning each prize. The draw will be conducted by utilising a Random Number Generator that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third party test house in combination with a blind draw in plain sight of staff. The results of the draw are final
- Based upon the number of entries in our raffles during 2019 the average the chance of winning a prize for a single ticket is approximately 1 in 840
- Of the £24,579.00 received in ticket sales in 2019, 15.57% went on expenses, 17.47% went on prizes and a fantastic 75.15% came back to WDC to fund our vital work
- Entries must be received by 18 January 2021
- Late entries will be transferred to the next raffle
- The draw will be held on 25 January 2021
- Winners will be notified by post, email or telephone no later than two weeks after the draw date. Please keep your ticket number as proof of purchase
- A list of winners will also be published on the Raffleplayer website. These will only be in summary, for example Mrs Smith from Berkshire
- Winners may be asked to take part in WDC PR and promotional activity
- If a prize is unclaimed after reasonable efforts have been made by WDC to contact the winner, then WDC will be entitled to dispose of the prize as it thinks fit. The winner has one month after notification to claim the prize
- The WDC policies for raffles can be found here. This includes our policy on responsible gambling, underage gambling, protection of customer funds and our complaints procedure
- Due to legal reasons, all tickets sent to supporters in Northern Ireland must be purchased by the named individual and are not allowed to be sold on to family and friends or other individuals
- To enter the online raffle an entrant must self-certify that they are the required age to play. A confirmation email will be sent to the entrant confirming their numbers in the draw and thanking them for their participation. Random age verification checks are carried out at regular intervals. If an entrant is found to be under the required age their payment will be returned and they will not be entered into the draw
- Entries must not be bought on behalf of somebody else
- In order to promote responsible gambling, it is recommended that no more than 60 chances are to be purchased per person for the Christmas Raffle
- Material changes to this raffle are not predicted to happen, but in the event that this occurs you will be notified by email 14 days in advance of any changes
For more information about the WDC, our raffles and other ways to donate please visit Whales.org or contact our dedicated supporter services team by calling 01249 449500.
Requests for additional raffle tickets up to a maximum of 60 tickets per person or requests to be removed from future raffle mailings should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like more information about raffles and lotteries please go to www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
If you or a family member feel that you are experiencing problems with gambling, you can seek advice and support from GambleAware on 0808 8020 133 or via their website begambleware.org.