Terms and Conditions
Breast Cancer Now Summer Raffle 2020 Rules
- This Raffle is only open to residents of the UK over the age of 18 (this excludes Isle of Man, Channel Islands and BFPO addresses according to Gambling Act 2005 regulations)
- No tickets can be sold to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 years.
- The cost of each entry is £1. Players may purchase more than one entry, and payment must be in advance.
- If a ticket is sold unknowingly to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 he/she will be exempt from the raffle and will forfeit his/her prize and the stake will be returned.
- All profits from the Summer Raffle go to Breast Cancer Now. Details of the work of Breast Cancer Now can be found on the charity’s website https://breastcancernow.org.
- The prizes for the Breast Cancer Now Summer Raffle are 1st £10,000, 2nd £1,000, 3rd £500, 4th £100, 5th £50 and Runners up 95 x £10. Fast Entry prize of 50x Swarovski Rhodium-plated ribbon pins. The charity may make changes to the prizes from time to time. There are no alternatives to any prize.
- The Summer Raffle Draw will be conducted on 16th October 2020. The draw will be conducted by utilising a Random Number Generator that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission third party test house. The results of the draw are final.
- Based upon the number of entries in our three raffles during 2019 average the chance of winning a prize for a single ticket is approximately 1 in 3,017.
- Of the £905,100 received in ticket sales in 2019, just 22% went on expenses, 5% on prizes and a fantastic 73% came back to Breast Cancer Now to fund our work and no interest will be payable.
- Entries must be received by 14 October 2020.
- Late entries will be transferred to the next raffle.
- The fast entry closing date for online entries is 16 September 2020. The fast entry closing date for postal entries will be fourteen days after we receive our first postal response to the 2020 Christmas Raffle mailing. The draw will be held on 16 October 2020.
- Winners will be notified in writing and prizes will be sent within 14 days; if paying by Direct Debit, prizes may be transferred into that bank account; otherwise, we'll post a cheque. Please keep your ticket number as proof of purchase.
- A list of winners will also be published on the https://www.raffleplayer.com/bcn/winners within two weeks of the draw date. These will only be in summary, for example Mrs Smith from Berkshire.
- Winners may be asked to take part in Charity PR and promotional activity.
- If a prize is unclaimed after reasonable efforts have been made by the Breast Cancer Now Charity to contact the winner, then the Breast Cancer Now Charity will be entitled to dispose of the prize as it thinks fit. The winner has one month after notification to claim the prize.
- The Charity policies for raffles can be found here. This includes our policy on responsible gambling, underage gambling, protection of customer funds and our complaints procedure.
- Due to legal reasons, all tickets sent to supporters in Northern Ireland must be purchased by the named individual and are not allowed to be sold on to family and friends or other individuals.
- Breast Cancer Now operates a Complaints and Disputes Procedure If you have complaint you can ring our Raffle team on 0345 092 0838. If you are unhappy with the way a complaint is resolved you can contact the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS). IBAS acts as an impartial adjudicator on disputes that arise between betting/gambling operators and their customers.
- To enter the online raffle an entrant must self-certify that they are the required age to play. A confirmation email will be sent to the entrant confirming their numbers in the draw and thanking them for their participation. Random age verification checks are carried out at regular intervals. If an entrant is found to be under the required age their payment will be returned and they will not be entered into the draw.
- Entries must not be bought on behalf of somebody else.
- In order to promote responsible gambling, it is recommended that no more than 60 chances are to be purchased per person for the Summer Raffle.
- Material changes to this raffle are not predicted to happen, but in the event that this occurs you will be notified by email 14 days in advance of any changes.
Breast Cancer Now is licenced by the Gambling Commission (www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk) under licence numbers 000-042361-R-321603-006 and 000-042361-N-321604-006. Promotor: Breast Cancer Now, Ibex House, 42-47 Minories, London, EC3N 1DY. Responsible Person: Delyth Morgan.
For more information about the Breast Cancer Now, our raffles and other ways to donate please visit www.breastcancernow.org or contact our dedicated supporter services team by calling 0345 092 0817
Requests for additional raffle tickets up to a maximum of 60 tickets per person or requests to be removed from future raffle mailings should be addressed to email@example.com.
If you would like more information about raffles and lotteries please go to www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
If you or a family member feel that you are experiencing problems with gambling, you can seek advice and support from GambleAware on 0808 8020 133 or via their website begambleware.org.